Thursday, January 7, 2010

Questoin about body exfoliation?

my friend told me that i hace to cleanse my body [wash it] and THEN exfoliate...i told her no that you dont need to clease, jsut exfoliate because if you cleanse and exfoliate you'll dry up your skin...which one is right???Questoin about body exfoliation?
you do need to cleanse your body. Obviously you want to wash it for hygeine reasons, but washing it won't cause over drying. Also exfoliation really only needs to be done 1-2 times a week. And definatley use a good moisturizer afterwards to lock in the moisture.Questoin about body exfoliation?
I just get myself a good moisturizing cleansing bodywash like dove or olay and use my loofah once theres no reason to do it twice your going to get clean enough the first time and you wont grind dirt into your skin when you get in the shower the water is already washing majority of the dirt off of you than make sure to moisturize within 3 minutes of getting out of the shower to better absorb the moisture
it is best to do both. I would cleanse first then exfoliate. If you do it the other way you will be grounding in dead skin and dirt into your pores, not a good thing. This is something my dermatologist told me
I agree with googirl! Plus, if you exfoliate more than once a week, it will do harm to your skin. I once made a mistake doing it three days in a row, and wounded up feeling this slightly burnt feeling on my skin. I was using baking soda.





So unless it says on the package it's gentle enough for day-to-day use, it's only safe to do it once. Plus, overdoing it can cause signs of againg.

No comments:

Post a Comment