Sunday, December 20, 2009

How can exfoliation affect a tattoo?

Is it beneficial to exfoliate your skin when you have tattoos (once they're healed, of course!)? Someone said that removing the dead skin on a regular basis will make the tattoo look new longer. Then someone else said it will make the tattoo fade quicker....





Who is correct????How can exfoliation affect a tattoo?
Not look new longer but will look brighter bc exfoliation is removing the layer of dead skin that is getting ready to fall off... so exfoliate, use a good lotion... I will say uv rays will change the color so I would use a sun screen when your out to protect it if your going to be in the sun for a long period... I have the black permanant eyeliner and after a few years it started looking a dark blue... I had it retouched... I know I got off the subject a little... exfoliating won't effect the actual tattoo... I hope this helps!!!How can exfoliation affect a tattoo?
pulling the skin off can actually cause damage, pull color out, lines off and make it look bad. The best thing to do is leave it alone and once healed wash the way you wash the rest of your body.
I exfoliate regularly and have 2 full sleeves and haven't seen any good/bad side affects on my tattoo. When you wash you're removing dead skin cells, so I don't think exfoliating will make any difference!


hope this helps!
Just exfoliate the way you would the rest of your body, it will remove the dead skin and can make it look somewhat brighter sometimes.
Yes exfoliate but in the same way as you would the rest of your body! Don't apply any extra or excess pressure!
It will keep the pimples off it.
it can pull the skin off
It sure won't help it any...

No comments:

Post a Comment