Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is adding clean beach sand to my shower gel and using once or twice a week a good exfoliation method?

As I am in grade 11, I can't afford to spend money on expensive exfoliation products.Is adding clean beach sand to my shower gel and using once or twice a week a good exfoliation method?
Sand is probably a little bit harsh for your skin. A better natural (and cheap) alternative you could try is sugar, or salt.


Olive oil mixed with salt is a great way to exfoliate and soften your skin aswell.Is adding clean beach sand to my shower gel and using once or twice a week a good exfoliation method?
Sand is good for a once a week thing...Everytime I go to the beach I rub sand all over me. But I would definitely not recommend using sand in the shower, if you are going to do it do it at the beach and then wash your body off at the water shower pumps.
maybe a little too rough...try superfine sugar.....or put oatmeal in the blender and grind it up. You dont need a heavy or coarse particle. Have you tried facial scrub pads..? They used to be called Buf Puffs - not the nylon kind but the pads. Look at Walgreens. Use it lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment