Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why does my skin seem to need constant exfoliation?

My friends have great skin, all they do is rinse it at night, but my skin is awful and if I don't use an exfoliating scrub every day it gets absolutely disgusting and has all this dead skin that makes it rough and uneven. Can anyone explain this and is there anything I can do about it?Why does my skin seem to need constant exfoliation?
have you consulted a dermatologist?





it sounds to me that you may be dehydrating your skin





many people think that in order to get rid of acne, they should wash their face and exfoliate and apply some kind of acne cream which dries up the pimples.





but thats not true.





sure, it may work for some people.


but it all depends on your skin type!





and dont get me wrong, exfoliating is GREAT for your skin! just every now and then.





so what im thinking is that you should try to stop exfoliating every day; use a normal, gentle, daily face wash to use maybe once a day; and try moisturizing your skin.





some recent tests have found that actually moisturizing the skin clears up any kind of skin problem like acne rather than trying to dry it out.





you see, when you do things to your skin that will dry it out, you dont notice that by drying out your skin, it will cause it to produce more oils which will produce more acne and you will have over-oiled skin.





i think that maybe you might be exfoliating so much that your skin may not have a chance to produce oils and in return it flakes.





or maybe your skin just doesnt produce as much oil as othet people's.. which again, moisturize!





but this is only what i t h i n k is happening.


i would consult a dermatologist and by giving them your skin information they may be able to give you a prescription for your specific skin type.





but if you cant get a dermatologist try going to neutrogena's website or cleanandclear's and im almost positive they have a short survey you can fill out and see what your skin is like and which of their products to use.





i hope i helped!





:]Why does my skin seem to need constant exfoliation?
I have the same problem!!!!! I wish I knew because I also have acne and obviously the scrub kind of irritates it... but if I don't use one and just use a regular face wash then i have really flaky skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment